Find Wellcare Dental Providers Near You
- Find Wellcare dental providers near you and learn what dentist services may be covered. If you have Wellcare insurance, using an in-network dentist could help you save money.
Wellcare covers dental care for Medicare Advantage (Medicare Part C) plan beneficiaries in dozens of states.
Below is a look at finding Wellcare dental providers, including how you can find a dentist near you that may accept your Wellcare plan.
How Can I Find Wellcare Dental Providers?
There are several ways to find Wellcare dentists and other health care providers.
- Select your state on the Wellcare dentist lookup tool. You will be prompted to enter your zip code and select your plan type. Finally, you’ll be asked to select a search radius for your results and can type in a keyword or search by specialty. Choose “specialty,” and then “dentistry.” Click “Go to Results.”
You will then be shown a list of Wellcare dental providers within your search area that includes their name, address and phone number. Clicking on the name of the provider takes you to a page with more detailed information such as office hours, languages spoken and more.
If you wish to compare Wellcare dental providers, click the “Compare” button next to the providers you wish to compare.
- Select your state from the drop-down “select your state” menu.
- A third way to find Wellcare dental providers is to contact a licensed insurance agent who can inform you of the dentists in your area that accept Wellcare.
Do Wellcare Dental Providers Belong To A Network?
Depending on the type of plan you belong to, your Wellcare Medicare dental coverage may be restricted to a network of participating dentists.
HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) plans require members to visit health care providers within the Wellcare network. PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) plans allow members to seek dental care outside of the Wellcare network and still receive at least some coverage in most cases.
Does Wellcare Pay For Dentures?
Many Wellcare Medicare Advantage plans provide coverage for dentures and other advanced procedures in addition to routine dental care. The types of dental services that may be covered with a Wellcare Medicare Advantage plan include:
- Fluoride treatments
- Bridges and crowns
- Root canals
Dental benefits with a Wellcare Medicare Advantage plan may come in the form of traditional insurance coverage or with the use of a pre-loaded debit card. The Wellcare exclusive Visa Flex Card comes preloaded with $200-$2,500 in extra dental, vision or hearing care every year. It's important to note that not all plans offer the same benefits in every area.
There may be Wellcare plans available where you live that offer the Visa Flex Card. To find out, and to learn how much it may cover, call to speak with a licensed insurance agent who can help you explore the benefits of Wellcare plans specifically offered in your area.
What Type Of Insurance Is Wellcare?
Wellcare sells two types of Medicare plans.
- The first is Medicare Advantage, which provides all the same benefits as Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Part B) while also offering some additional coverage not found in Original Medicare. Dental coverage is among the extra benefits commonly found in Medicare Advantage plans, including those sold by Wellcare.
- The second type of Medicare insurance sold by Wellcare is Medicare Part D. Part D plans provide coverage for prescription medications, which is a benefit area not covered by Original Medicare.
What’s The Difference Between Wellcare And Medicare?
Medicare exists as both public and private insurance plans. There is publicly funded Medicare for which most adults over the age of 65 are qualified. This segment of Medicare is called Original Medicare.
There is then a private sector of Medicare, where insurance companies like Wellcare sell plans that supplement or replace Original Medicare.
How Good Is Wellcare?
Wellcare sells Medicare Advantage plans in 36 states and has more than 1.1 million active members.1
Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system. In 2021, Wellcare Medicare Advantage plans received an overall score of 3.24 stars, placing it above average in terms of plan quality.
In terms of customer satisfaction, Wellcare was scored between 2.5 and 3.5 out of five stars by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), which measures various aspects of plan member satisfaction.2
Is Wellcare Right For Your Dental Care Needs?
Speak to a licensed insurance agent to learn about Wellcare Medicare Advantage plans in your area that include dental coverage. An agent can also help you learn more about local dental providers that accept the carrier’s insurance and compare rates and benefits against other available competitors.
Wellcare. (Oct. 6, 2021). Wellcare Announces Largest Medicare Advantage Expansion to Date [press release]. https://www.wellcare.com/-/media/PDFs/NA/Newsroom/2021/10_06_2021_Wellcare_Announces_Largest_MA_Expansion.ashx?la=en&hash=1333A41A8FCA283BB985DF77F7F2D437.
NCQA Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2019-2020 - Summary Report (Medicare). Retrieved May 2022 from https://healthinsuranceratings.ncqa.org/2019/search/Medicare/All/Wellcare.