How to Use the Wellcare Medicare Plan Finder
- Use the Wellcare Medicare plan finder to compare Wellcare Medicare Advantage plans that may be available where you live. Find out what benefits you can get, how much plans cost and more.
You can use the Wellcare Medicare plan finder to find plans available where you live. You can also call to speak with a licensed insurance agent who can help you compare 2022 Medicare Advantage plans, including what they cost, what they cover and how you can enroll if you’re eligible.
What Medicare Plans Does Wellcare Sell?
Wellcare sells two types of Medicare plans:
- Wellcare Medicare Advantage plans (Medicare Part C) provide all of the same benefits as Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) in addition to offering coverage for some things not found in Original Medicare such as prescription drugs, dental, vision and hearing care.
- Wellcare Prescription Drug Plans (Medicare Part D) provide coverage for prescription medications and can be added to your Original Medicare or your Medicare Advantage plan if it doesn’t already include drug coverage.
Wellcare Medicare Advantage plans can also give you some or all of your Medicare Part B premium added back to your Social Security retirement check each month. Some plans also offer up to $2,500 in extra dental, vision or hearing care each year.
Not all plan benefits are available in all areas though, so it’s good to check with a licensed Wellcare agent to find out what’s available where you live.
Where Does Wellcare Sell Medicare Plans?
Wellcare Medicare Advantage plans are sold in every state except:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Wellcare Medicare Part D plans are sold in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
How Can I Find a Wellcare Medicare Plan Near Me?
Finding a Wellcare Medicare plan near you is easy. Simply search for Wellcare plans in your zip code or call to speak to a licensed insurance agent about the Wellcare plans available in your area.
When Can I Enroll in a Wellcare Medicare Plan?
There are typically two primary Medicare enrollment periods during which you may enroll in a Wellcare Medicare Advantage plan (if plans are available where you live):
- Your Initial Enrollment Period. This period begins three months before you turn 65 years old and lasts for seven months.
- The Fall Medicare Open Enrollment Period. Also known as the Annual Enrollment Period, or “AEP,” this enrollment window lasts from Oct. 15 to Dec. 7 each year.
While your Initial Enrollment Period and the Annual Period are the main enrollment times where most beneficiaries purchase coverage, there are some additional times of year that you may be able to enroll in a Wellcare Medicare plan.
Consult our Medicare enrollment guide for more information about these additional opportunities to sign up for a Wellcare Medicare plan.
How Can I Enroll in a Wellcare Medicare Plan?
The easiest way to enroll in a Wellcare Medicare plan is by working with a licensed agent. Licensed insurance agents can typically:
- Locate Wellcare plans available in your area
- Compare those plans with plans sold by competing carriers
- Answer any questions you may have about benefits, costs and more
- Check and confirm your eligibility
- Enroll you right over the phone to ensure you get signed up correctly and on time
Does Wellcare Sell Medicaid Plans?
Wellcare sells Medicaid and CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program) plans in addition to Medicare plans. Read our Medicaid enrollment guide to learn more about Medicaid plans and how to apply.
Is Wellcare a Good Company for Medicare Plans?
Wellcare sells Medicare Part D prescription drug plans all over the U.S. that can often be purchased at a lower price than the national average.
Each year, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) rates all Medicare Advantage and Part D using a 5-star rating scale. Wellcare Medicare Advantage plans have an average star rating of 4.1 stars out of 5 stars, according to our analysis of 2022 CMS star ratings.
Centene, the company that owns Wellcare, ranks 26 on the Fortune 500 list.
With widespread availability, competitive pricing and high-quality plans, Wellcare may just be the right choice for your Medicare benefits.