Does Humana Cover Hearing Aids?
- Many Humana Medicare Advantage plans cover hearing aids and offer discounts on hearing aids, fittings, maintenance and more. Learn about the other hearing benefits Humana Medicare plans can cover and find out how to find a plan that covers hearing aids where you live.
Most Humana Medicare Advantage plans offer hearing aid coverage and discounts. Like all Medicare Advantage (Medicare Part C) plans, Humana Medicare plans cover everything that Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) covers. Most Humana plans also offer additional benefits that Original Medicare doesn’t cover, such as routine hearing care, hearing aids and more.
Keep reading to learn how Humana covers hearing aids and how you can take advantage of your benefits. If you’re looking for a plan that covers hearing aids, you can compare Humana Medicare Advantage plans online or call to speak with a licensed insurance agent about Humana Medicare plans available where you live that cover hearing aids.
When Do Humana Medicare Plans Pay for Hearing Aids?
Plan benefits and selection can vary by location, but many Humana Medicare Advantage plans provide hearing aid coverage.
A Humana Medicare plan may cover a hearing aid fitting and several adjustments every year, all for no copayment. An advanced level hearing aid may be covered for one ear per year with a copayment, or a premium level hearing aid may be covered for one ear per year for a higher copay amount. Coverage also includes annual routine hearing exams, 48 batteries per hearing aid and three-year warranty.
Plan benefits vary by plan, so be sure to check your plan’s summary of coverage for more details.
Humana partners with TruHearing, a leading provider of hearing benefits including exams, hearing aids and support. With TruHearing, a Humana Medicare Advantage plan can provide you with meaningful support that helps you manage your hearing.
How Do I Find Humana Hearing Aid Providers?
Your Humana-covered hearing aid provider will be obtained through TruHearing. Here’s how to find a hearing aid provider covered by your Humana plan:
- Call 1-800-334-1807 to speak to a TruHearing consultant who will verify your Humana insurance coverage and answer any questions you may have about your benefits, costs, products and more.
- Your consultant will then match you with a TruHearing provider in your area and schedule an appointment on your behalf.
- You will undergo a hearing test at your appointment to determine your need for hearing aids.
- If hearing aids are needed, the provider will discuss the type of hearing aids recommended for your needs and order the appropriate product. Your TruHearing provider will file the claim with Humana so you do not need to do anything.
- In a few days you will return to your TruHearing provider to pick up your hearing aids. The provider will program and adjust the hearing aids and train you on how to use and care for them properly.
- You will then be eligible for three follow-up visits with your TruHearing provider for fittings and adjustments including remote support and ongoing education.
Does Humana Medicare Cover Cochlear Implants?
Some older adults may need to go a step further than hearing aids and persue cochlear implants. Medicare Advantage plans are required to cover everything included under Original Medicare. And because Original Medicare provides coverage for cochlear implants, so too do Humana Medicare Advantage plans.
Cochlear implants are covered by Medicare Part B and by Humana Medicare Advantage plans when deemed medically necessary by a doctor. The exact coverage and cost requirements may vary by plan, but you may contact a Humana representative or use your online MyHumana account to check your plan benefits.
How Do I Find a Humana Medicare Advantage Plan Near Me?
Contact a licensed insurance agent to inquire about Humana Medicare Advantage plans available in your area. The agent will be able to confirm your eligibility, help you compare the costs and coverage of each plan and walk you through the enrollment process for a plan that covers hearing aids and meets your other coverage needs. You can also compare plans online for free, with no obligation to enroll.