How to Find a Humana Medicare Agent
- A licensed insurance agent who sells Humana Medicare plans can help you compare your local Humana Medicare plans, if any are available. If you're eligible to enroll, an agent can help you get started with a Humana Medicare plan over the phone.
If you’re shopping for Humana Medicare insurance plans, you can get help comparing the plan options available where you live by connecting with a licensed insurance agent.
The type of Medicare plan coverage you’re looking for will change the type of insurance agent you may want to speak to, as agents are licensed in specific types of insurance plans:
- An agent licensed to sell Medicare Advantage (Medicare Part C) plans on behalf of Humana can help you compare Humana Medicare Advantage plans in your area, if any are available.
- An agent licensed to sell Medicare Supplement (also called Medigap) plans on behalf of Humana can help you compare Humana Medicare Supplement insurance, which is very different from Medicare Advantage insurance.
- An agent licensed to sell Medicare Part D prescription drug plans where you live can help you compare plans from several insurance carriers, including Humana if plans are available in your area.
In this guide, we detail how you can connect with a Humana Medicare agent near you to compare your plan options.
Where Does Humana Sell Medicare Plans?
Humana Medicare Advantage plans are offered in 89% of all U.S. counties in 2023, which represents the largest distribution in the Medicare Advantage industry. More than 9 out of 10 Medicare beneficiaries have access to at least one Humana Medicare Advantage plan.1
What Else Can a Humana Medicare Agent Do For Me?
Connecting with a licensed insurance agent can be a helpful way to compare the Humana Medicare plan options that may be available where you live, as an agent can:
- Confirm your eligibility
- Answer questions you may have about how Medicare insurance works
- Help you compare available plans
- Listen to your health care preferences and needs to help you determine which type of plan may be best suited for you, such as finding plans that cover your preferred benefits, drugs, doctors and more
What Should I Have Prepared When I Contact a Humana Medicare Agent?
If you have a Medicare card, you’ll want to have it handy when you contact a Humana agent. Otherwise, just be prepared to give information such as:
- Date of birth
- Name of any current health conditions
- Name of any prescription drugs you are currently taking
- List of any preferred doctors, pharmacies or other health care providers you wish to continue visiting
- List of any questions you have about Medicare insurance or Humana in particular
Freed M, et al. (Nov. 10, 2022). Medicare Advantage 2023 Spotlight: First Look. Kaiser Family Foundation. https://www.kff.org/medicare/issue-brief/medicare-advantage-2023-spotlight-first-look.