Does Medicare Cover TYMLOS?

In this article...
  • If you're one of the millions of people on Medicare and have recently been prescribed TYMLOS, you may be wondering if it's covered. Learn the answer today.

TYMLOS is a prescription containing aloparatide as the active ingredient and is usually given as an injection to treat osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. 

TYMLOS works by stimulating osteoblast cells to help rebuild your bones while preventing further degradation. Side effects of TYMLOS include stomach problems, dizziness, fatigue, headache and irritation at the injection site. 

If you've been prescribed TYMLOS for osteoporosis, you're probably wondering if it's covered by your Medicare insurance policy.

Does Medicare Cover TYMLOS?

Around 71% of Medicare prescription drug plans cover TYMLOS, while the other 29% likely don't. Whether your TYMLOS prescription is covered depends on the exact Medicare plan you have. If you have questions, contact an insurance representative or read your provider's list of approved medications. 

How Much Does TYMLOS Cost With Medicare Coverage?

TYMLOS is an expensive prescription. Costs with Medicare prescription coverage vary based on where you get your TYMLOS, your location and other factors. One of the most significant cost factors for those with coverage is whether you've met your annual deductible.

If you've met your annual deductible for most plans, TYMLOS costs range between $362 and $2,633. If you haven't met your deductible, the prescription costs will likely range between $1,443 and $2,633.  

How Much Does TYMLOS Cost Without Insurance?

If your Medicare prescription drug plan doesn't cover TYMLOS, the out-of-pocket costs can be in the thousands. Since this is such an expensive drug, you'll want to save as much money as possible on your prescription. Thankfully, there are a few options that might help lower your costs. 

Since the costs of TYMLOS vary by location, researching the prices at your local pharmacies may help you save some money on your prescription. Online coupons and prescription drug discount cards or monthly memberships may be other ways to reduce your out-of-pocket TYMLOS costs. 

Read More
Woman hands her Medicare insurance card to office worker at doctor's office
Discover the best prescription discount cards, and find out how they can help you save money on prescription ...
Dry eye is a common condition among older adults, and Medicare Advantage or Medicare Part D plans ...
Smiling pharmacist helping customer at pharmacy
Eliquis is a medication designed to help treat and prevent blood clots, and certain Medicare Advantage ...