SilverScript Medicare Part D Drug Plan
- The Aetna SilverScript Medicare formulary is a list of prescription drugs covered by the plan. Find copies of each SilverScript Medicare Part D (PDP) formulary, and explore your Aetna Medicare drug coverage options.
Aetna SilverScript Medicare Part D prescription drug plans (PDP) cover a wide variety of medications, all of which can be found in the SilverScript formulary. Your SilverScript Aetna formulary drug list is the list of drugs covered by the plan.
Download a free copy of the SilverScript PDP formulary for your plan, or browse the plan formularies to see if your drugs are covered. You can compare Part D Medicare drug plans available where you live to see what plans cover your drugs.
Where Can I Find the SilverScript Formulary?
A formulary is a list of drugs covered by a Medicare Part D plan. Aetna sells three different SilverScript plans, and the Aetna Medicare drug formulary may vary slightly from one plan to another.
- 2022 SilverScript Choice Part D plan formulary (Spanish)
- 2022 SilverScript Plus plan formulary (Spanish)
- 2022 SilverScript SmartRx plan formulary (Spanish)
What Does Aetna SilverScript Cover?
Aetna SilverScript Rx plans cover prescription drugs that include everything from generic and commonly prescribed medications to name-brand specialty drugs.
An Aetna SilverScript plan can be used alongside your Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) coverage. A SilverScript Part D plan could also be used alongside your Medicare Advantage (Medicare Part C) plan if it doesn’t already include drug coverage.
How Do I Use the Medicare Aetna Formulary in 2023?
Aetna SilverScript Rx formularies are divided into two different sections.
- The first section lists all covered drugs, categorized by medical condition.
- The second section shows all covered drugs, listed alphabetically.
Next to each drug you will see the “tier” that the drug belongs to. There are five tiers of drugs, and each tier may come with its own coverage terms concerning deductibles or copayments.
Tiers are broken down as follows:
- Tier 1 - Preferred generic drugs that are commonly prescribed.
- Tier 2 - Generic drugs that typically cost more than those in Tier 1.
- Tier 3 - Preferred brand-name drugs that do not have a generic version.
- Tier 4 - Non-preferred drugs that are higher priced and less commonly prescribed.
- Tier 5 - Specialty drugs that are the most expensive drugs on the list and may require special handling or close monitoring.
You will also see details for coverage conditions or restrictions that apply to each drug. These restrictions are detailed early in the formulary and can include things like needing prior authorization from Aetna or limits on the quantity of drugs that can be covered at one time.
It’s possible that a SilverScript formulary may vary slightly depending on the location in which the plan is sold. To find out exactly which drugs are covered by Medicare Part D plans in your area, request a free plan quote online or call to speak with a licensed Medicare insurance agent.
What Is the Aetna Preferred Pharmacy List for SilverScript?
Aetna SilverScript plans are accepted at thousands of pharmacies all over the U.S. including both chain and individual locations. Using preferred locations in the Aetna pharmacy network can help you maximize your savings.
Some of the pharmacies that accept SilverScript PDPs include (but are not limited to):
Aetna is owned by CVS Health, so a SilverScript plan may be used at any CVS pharmacy. CVS is a preferred in-network pharmacy.
Walgreens is a standard in-network pharmacy. While SilverScript plans may be used at Walgreens, the savings may not be as high as they would at a preferred in-network pharmacy such as CVS.
Always check with your individual plan first to confirm the participating pharmacy locations in your area.
What Is the SilverScript Drug Plan Premium For 2022?
The cost of Aetna SilverScript plan premiums in 2022 are:
- SilverScript SmartRX = $7.08 per month
- SilverScript Choice = $30.78 per month
- SilverScript Plus = $68.97 per month
Plan pricing can depend on location and other factors, so contact a licensed insurance agent for a more personalized quote.
Is SilverScript a Good Part D Plan?
Each year, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) rates the quality of all Medicare Part D plans using a five-star scale.
For 2022, Aetna’s SilverScript plans were rated an overall weighted average of 4.29 stars.1 Four stars is considered above average.
How Can I Enroll In Medicare Drug Plan?
You can request a free online plan quote to compare Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans available where you live. If you want help comparing plans and – if you’re eligible – enrolling in a Medicare drug plan, you can call to speak with a licensed insurance agent.