AXA Equitable Life Insurance Review
- Learn more about AXA Equitable. Find out about this insurance company's reputation and background and its extensive list of life insurance products and coverage options.
Finding the right life insurance policy to fulfill your family’s unique needs can be difficult and overwhelming. AXA Equitable has been a pillar in the life insurance industry for several decades. Continue reading to learn more about its history, the life insurance products it offers and its customer ratings.
About AXA Equitable
Throughout its long-standing history, AXA Equitable has consistently looked to the future with innovation and excellence, providing new products and services to its customer base for more than 150 years. Originally called the Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States, the company founded in 1859 by Henry B. Hyde has since garnered a vast reputation for commitment to professional excellence and building a culture of inclusion. During WWII, it waived the prohibition against payments of death benefits for fallen soldiers, standing by its policyholders in uniform.
Furthering its reputation for defying the norm and standing apart from the majority, AXA Equitable pioneered variable life insurance throughout the 1970s by creating the very first variable annuity product to hit the market. In 2001, it pledged over $10 million for 9/11 disaster relief as a founding donor of the Families of Freedom 2 fund. Despite the massive financial growth it has displayed throughout the 2000s — including listing on the New York Stock Exchange in 2018 — it has remained devoted to its mission to help customers pursue fulfilling lives with all the financial security they need to do so.
What Life Insurance Product Does AXA Equitable Offer?
With all the uncertainty and uneasiness in the world today, protecting your and your family’s financial well-being is of paramount importance. AXA Equitable lives by a three-part motto: live more, keep more, build more. Here’s an in-depth look at the life insurance products it offers and how it can help you toward financial peace-of-mind goals.
Permanent Life Insurance
With AXA Equitable, permanent life insurance is more affordable than you may think. Its permanent life coverage provides you with the opportunity to build your policy’s cash value over time, ensure a tax-free benefit for your loved ones in the event of your passing and access your funds through loans and withdrawals. AXA Equitable offers four types of permanent coverage:
- Indexed Universal Life Insurance. An indexed universal life policy through AXA Equitable offers the flexibility to change your policy as your needs evolve. With indexed universal coverage, you can adjust premium payment amounts and times while maintaining a fixed monthly interest rate on your policy’s cash value. You’re able to keep more of the money you earn with potential tax-deferred growth and adaptable payments.
- Variable Universal Life Coverage. AXA Equitable’s variable universal life coverage secures your financial future while keeping potential market investment options open for your future. With a variable universal policy, you can invest portions of your cash value into subaccounts directly linked to the stock market with the added security of a guaranteed death benefit. With the growth potential offered by these investment components, this kind of permanent life coverage can help you build more for tomorrow.
- Survivorship Life Insurance. Survivorship coverage is a cost-effective way for two people (typically a married couple) to supplement retirement income and maximize the benefit left behind to whichever individual outlives the other. This benefit can be utilized in paying estate taxes and settlement costs or as a method of leaving an inheritance to children and grandchildren. This kind of policy can provide you the financial security and peace of mind to live more for today.
- Long-Term Care Coverage. This coverage option lets you set aside money for specific beneficiaries, which will be bestowed to them as a death benefit upon your passing.
Term Life Insurance
Generally the most affordable form of life insurance, term life insurance doesn’t offer the cash value component and growth potential of permanent policies. Rather, term coverage (true to its name) merely offers protection for a specific period of time. The length of these coverage periods may differ from provider to provider; however, they’re usually in increments of 10, 20 or 30 years.
The main purpose of any form of term coverage is merely to ensure the well-being of your dependents in the event of a sudden tragedy. The death benefit — typically tax-deferred — is paid directly to a beneficiary to assist with ongoing financial obligations in the breadwinner’s absence.
The Pros and Cons of AXA Equitable Life Insurance
Regardless of sterling reputations, flexible coverage options or superb customer service, every provider has benefits and drawbacks. Being aware of a provider’s pros and cons help you know if they’re the right fit for your needs. Here’s what you need to know about AXA Equitable.
- One of the largest insurance and wealth management organizations in the world
- In addition to traditional term policies, it offers a 1-year non-renewable convertible term product for individuals who need temporary coverage immediately.
- Policies are only distributed through local agents, never online. (Some individuals may prefer this, but it may be a drawback for others.)
- No term policy extends to 30 years. This could be an issue for those needing term coverage over a longer period of time.
AXA Equitable Reviews: What People Are Saying
AXA Equitable’s customer reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Reviewers seem to find AXA to be a consistently venerable company with solid financial backing. Reviewers note that coverage professionals go out of their way to help potential enrollees comprehend the ins and outs of the comprehensive line of products and pinpoint which options fit individual situations best.
Is an AXA Equitable Life Insurance Policy Right for You?
AXA Equitable is one of the largest and most well-reputed providers of life insurance across the globe. With a nearly impeccable history of unmatched customer service and competitive rates, it may have just the policy you’re looking for to fit all of your family’s financial needs. Get in touch with a local agent to verify if AXA Equitable is the right provider for you.