Mutual of Omaha Plan Finder: Compare Medicare Plans
- How can you find a Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Insurance plan to fit your needs? Use this Mutual of Omaha plan finder for help.
Mutual of Omaha offers a variety of insurance plans in addition to its many investment verticals. One type of Mutual of Omaha coverage that is popular with many beneficiaries is its Medicare Supplement Insurance plans.
Medicare Supplement Insurance, also called Medigap, helps Medicare beneficiaries reduce their out-of-pocket spending by covering the cost of deductibles, copayments, coinsurance and other expenses required by Original Medicare (Part A and Part B).
Below is a guide to Medicare plan finders you can use to find the best plan for your needs
|Plan Type||What Your Coverage Can Do||Find Plans|
|Medicare Advantage (Medicare Part C)||
- One simple plan that combines your your Medicare Part A and Part B benefits
|Medicare Supplement (Medigap)||
- One plan that helps pay your Part A and Part B "gaps," such as copays, coinsurance and deductibles- No provider or hospital network restrictions
- Your plan is accepted by any doctor or provider who accepts Original Medicare
- If you apply during your Medigap Open Enrollment Period, you can't be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions.2
What Are Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Eligibility Requirements?
Before searching for a Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan, let’s first make sure you are eligible to enroll.
- In some states you may need to be at least 65 years old to apply for Medigap.
- No matter where you live, you will have to be enrolled in both Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B.
- You must live in an area where Mutual of Omaha sells Medicare Supplement Insurance.
Where Is Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Insurance Sold?
Mutual of Omaha sells Medicare Supplement Insurance in parts of every state and the District of Columbia except for Massachusetts.
Which Medicare Supplement Plans Does Mutual of Omaha Sell?
Mutual of Omaha Medigap plan selection may vary slightly by state, but you’ll find at least the following four plans available anywhere Mutual of Omaha does business.
Plan A offers the fewest number of benefits of any standardized Medigap plan. Medigap Plan A covers the following:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs up to 365 days after Medicare benefits run out
- Medicare Part B coinsurance and copayments
- Part A hospice care coinsurance and copayments
- The first three pints of blood needed for a transfusion
Plan N is a popular Medicare Supplement plan that offers coverage for everything found in Plan A, as well as:
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Foreign travel emergency care (80% coverage)
*Plan N may require copayments of up to $20 for some office visits up to $50 for an emergency room visit that does not result in admission.
Plan G is quickly becoming the most popular Medicare Supplement plan.1
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Plan G covers everything found in Plan N, and it also pays for Medicare Part B excess charges. In fact, the only Medigap benefit not covered by Plan G is the annual Medicare Part B deductible.
Plan F is the most comprehensive Medicare Supplement plan and offers coverage for everything found in Plan G plus the Medicare Part B deductible. Plan F is the only plan to provide coverage in each type of Medigap benefit.
Plan F is only available to those who became eligible for Medicare before Jan. 1, 2020. This is true of Mutual of Omaha and all other Medicare Supplement insurance companies.
When Can You Enroll in Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plans?
You may enroll in a Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan at any time during the year. The best time to apply for a Medigap plan, however, is during your Medigap Open Enrollment Period.
- During your Medigap Open Enrollment Period, you have guaranteed issue rights. This means you are protected from being charged a higher rate for your Medicare Supplement because of your health.
- Signing up after this enrollment period allows Mutual of Omaha and other companies to ask health questions or perform physical exams that may result in higher premiums for your plan.
- Your Medigap Open Enrollment Period begins the day you are at least 65 years old and enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B. It only lasts for six months, so be sure to compare Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plans in your area if you’re approaching your Medigap Open Enrollment Period.
How Do I Find a Mutual of Omaha Medigap Plan Near Me?
You can call a licensed insurance agent to find a Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan near you and get started on your enrollment process, or you can request a free plan quote online.
What Is the Difference Between Mutual of Omaha and United Of Omaha?
United of Omaha is a subsidiary of Mutual of Omaha. This arm of the company sells Medicare Supplement Insurance in addition to life insurance, fixed annuities and other financial products and services.
If you want to compare United of Omaha life insurance plans, you can use this United of Omaha life insurance plan finder to request a free online plan quote.
Other Mutual of Omaha subsidiaries such as United World Life Insurance Company and Omaha Insurance Company also sell Medicare Supplement Insurance.
Is Mutual of Omaha Insurance Good?
Mutual of Omaha and United of Omaha are measured as one and the same by leading credit reporting agencies. 2022 ratings for the company include A+ from A.M. Best and S&P Global and an A1 from Moody’s Investors Service.2
Mutual of Omaha has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 1940 and maintains an A+ rating.3 Additionally, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners found that Mutual of Omaha customers file complaints at a slightly lower rate than the industry average.
AHIP. (March 2022). The State of Medicare
Supplement Coverage. https://www.ahip.org/documents/202202-AHIP_MedicareSuppCvg-02_v03.pdf.
Mutual of Omaha. Retrieved May 2022 from https://www.mutualofomaha.com/about/company-profile/financial-strength.
Better Business Bureau. Retrieved May 2022 from https://www.bbb.org/us/ne/omaha/profile/insurance-companies/mutual-of-omaha-companies-0714-104000434.