Safeco Insurance Reviews
- Safeco offers a variety of insurance options to suit your needs. Find out more about this company in this Safeco Insurance review.
Safeco has been part of the Liberty Mutual insurance family since 2008. Headquartered in Boston, the company offers a wide array of insurance types from auto to home to pet health insurance. As part of Liberty Mutual, Safeco boasts a solid reputation for quality customer service, affordability and versatility.
What Products and Services Does Safeco Insurance Provide?
Safeco offers a wide array of products and services to meet consumer needs throughout the length of their lifespan. This includes insurance policies for:
- ATVs/Off-road vehicles
- Pet health
- Commercial business
- Identity theft
It does not appear to provide life insurance.
Safeco's homeowner's insurance is a highlight of its offerings, in part because it is so comprehensive. Homeowners, renters, condo owners and landlords are all covered. The policy covers structural damage as well as issues caused by fire, falling trees and storms.
The policy also covers temporary living expenses if there is a need for major home repairs due to a disaster.
Rental and condo owner policies cover legal fees if a guest is injured in the dwelling. Landlords using a Safeco policy can cover up to 16 units under one policy.
Pet Health Insurance
Safeco's pet health insurance option offers an affordable policy for pet owners that includes emergency care as well as preventative services. The policy is managed by Hartville Pet Insurance via Safeco.
Pets must be at least eight weeks old, and the policy offers the option to receive care from any licensed vet. There is also no waiting period for policy holders to take advantage of coverage.
The Pros and Cons of Safeco Insurance
- Comprehensive coverage: One of the pros of using a Safeco policy includes the comprehensive coverage options offered. The company offers a wide enough variety of policy options to meet diverse consumer needs. Note that this does not include life insurance, though.
- Reimbursement for first aid: The company offers a monetary stipend when first aid is rendered after an accident.
- Safe driving rewards: Safeco offers safe drivers a reward by maintaining steady premiums after a predetermined number of years with no safety violations or auto accidents.
- Numerous policy options: This is both a benefit and a drawback, as the sheer number of options available to consumers can seem overwhelming when trying to choose the right policy to suit needs.
- Policy purchase options: Consumers can only purchase a policy from a registered Safeco agent, which is a less convenient option than buying online.
What People Are Saying About Safeco Insurance
Safeco insurance reviews speak to the flexibility of coverage options and high level of customer service offered to consumers. Reviews also note the company's affordability, especially given the comprehensive nature of the policy offerings.
Consumers who have had to file claims with the company laud its easy administrative process and rapid resolution.
Those who have had a less-than-stellar experience have complained of being unsure of which policy to choose for their specific needs and occasional lengthy wait times when calling the company for policy info.
Who Would Safeco Be Good For?
Safeco is a good fit for those consumers looking for a one-stop-shop for most insurance. After all, modern life necessitates insurance in numerous areas of life. Safeco offers the option to purchase home and auto policies in place.
This is also an ideal option for those that need some of the more unusual options offered by Safeco, like RV insurance and landlord policies.